[Histonet] Lab assistants

Hannen, Valerie Valerie.Hannen at parrishmed.com
Wed Oct 11 06:00:23 CDT 2017

Good Morning,   We are having a debate about what a Lab assistant can and can not do in the State of Florida.  So, those of you in Florida please weigh in.  Can they make alcohol  dilutions and use those alcohols to:

1)      Change an automatic stainer

2)      Change the tissue processor

What about recycling said alcohols?   Are they allowed to pour formalin into the processor wells? Can they fill small bottles with formalin to be used by doctor's offices?  The list could go on and on... but I will stop here.

Thanks so much for any insight into this!

Valerie Hannen,MLT(ASCP),HTL,SU (FL)
Section Chief, Histology
Parrish Medical Center
951 N. Washington Ave.
Titusville,Florida 32796
T: (321)268-6333 ext. 7506
F: (321) 268-6149
valerie.hannen at parrishmed.com<mailto:valerie.hannen at parrishmed.com>
www.parrishmed.com

"This email is intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If the reader of this email is not the
intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please immediately