[Histonet] Inventory purchasing question

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Tue Oct 10 10:20:16 CDT 2017

Charles, we use General Data labels on the Cognitive printers (not sure if that is the printer you are using). We were using their 22 x 22 StainerShield for the Leica Bond as well as all histo labels. Then we switched to their StainerShield 24 x 22 "Ventana-style" label and use them on both Leica and Ventana stainers (both printed from our LIS to Cognitive printers at the microtome.  We switched to ensure an uncomplicated workflow for all histo labels. These are used for all histo - H&E, SS, IHC, ISH). We also use General Data StainerShield 19x22 for another set of Leica Bond stainers that are not integrated with the LIS so are printed from the Leica software to a Cognitive printer. All work very well in all applications.

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center