[Histonet] Beaker with or without Vantage

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Wed Nov 29 13:19:57 CST 2017

Ginny, when you say "slow down our whole process" is that slowness in the system or mismatch of the LIS to the pathology process?

My understanding is that this was originally designed for use in public health labs (EpicLab), which are quite different than pathology labs. Now they are trying to adapt a thirty-year old non-pathology system to pathology. Sure would be nice if someone would just use a new pathology-specific LIS built with new technology!  Why do we keep having to keep having non-pathology people shove things on us and demand we adapt to their ignorance? We went thru this with Copath for many years and had to teach them how pathology works (they should have been paying us for our knowledge, not charging us to teach them!). Now it seems it is coming around again in a new form.

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center