[Histonet] Histotech Need Chesapeake Urology

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Tue Nov 21 11:37:22 CST 2017

Here is a message I am posting for a subscriber.
Linda M
 Histonet administrator

Hi Linda,

My initial email message got rejected.  Can you please post our opening?

Mike

About Us: Chesapeake Urology is the largest urology practice in the Mid-Atlantic region, providing a comprehensive array of urologic services and treatment options to patients. As one of the most respected and progressive urology practices in the nation, we have over 100 providers throughout our 26 medical offices and 17 outpatient surgical centers. Working in a team environment focused on patient care, our mission is to ensure every patient receives a superior experience.

As one of the "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Health Care" and voted a "Best Place to Work" by multiple organizations, we maintain our exceptional patient care and culture by selecting the best people in our field, promoting a healthy and respectful environment, and serving the community through our outreach programs and events. We are proud that our people make us the best and it shows in the superb care we deliver to each and every patient. For more information, please visit our website at www.chesapeakeurology.com.
We are seeking a full-time Histotechnologist for our new Pathology Lab located in Beltsville, MD. This position supports the pathology histology laboratory in preparing, processing, and staining of tissue specimens for review by the pathologists. The hours are Monday-Friday and can be flexible in the afternoon/evening.

Responsibilities:
*Responsible for accessioning, grossing, embedding, microtomy, performing H&E and papanicolau staining, and cover slipping of all surgical/cytologic specimen slides for microscopic analysis.
*Modify and validate procedures and methodologies for immunohistochemistry, special staining and other related staining.
*Organize cases by matching slides with appropriate paperwork and/or laying slides out in slide folders.
*Provide maintenance or troubleshooting of equipment and automated instrumentation within the laboratory.
*Assists supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, CLIA, etc.) *Performs quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation.
*Maintain supplies and other inventory.
*Perform other laboratory and office duties as assigned by manager.

Requirements
*An Associate's Degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology obtained from an accredited institution or education/training equivalent to the above that includes at least 60 semester hours from an accredited institution.
*HT or HTL certification required.
*Proficient embedding, sectioning and histology techniques with human tissues.