[Histonet] Epic and Cerner users, looking for feedback on these systems

Victoria Baker bakevictoria at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 21:32:27 CST 2017

Happy Friday!

Our hospital is starting to look at new HIS vendors.  The two that are
being strongly looked at are Cerner and Epic.

Of course the hospital is using a consulting firm who have sort of tied our
hands in terms of following up with vendors and any after the demo
questions we are to filter through them.  We have been told though, by one
of the hospital directors that we can reach out to colleagues and questions.
Currently we have SoftPath DX.  The system is labor intensive and the
version we have is not in keeping with our needs.  But it has taken us
further than we were before in terms of being able to track cases and
monitor our workflow.  We are paired in the hospital with several different
systems such as NexGen and Sorian for financials.  There is also Oracle
database which causes some headaches as well.
I would like to get an idea of what people think that use either of these
systems.  Do they slow down work flow?
  Is it generally user friendly?
 Can you track all entries and produce accurate statistics?
 Are either of these companies strong in support before, during and after
GO LIVE?
Can you incorporate PDF files into reports or access information from the
HIS into the LIS  with little or no hand to computer combat?

These are just surface type questions, but I would truly appreciate
anyone's input.

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

Vikki Baker