[Histonet] mounting medium

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Mon Nov 13 17:52:46 CST 2017

We use Permaslip acrylic for manual coverslipping. Sakura media for our automated coverslipper. We have also used Richard-Allan CytoSeal with great resuls. We stopped using one called Quick-mount (comes in  tube) because they had a batch that was bad and the media turned cloudy and the slips dropped off after about 6 months. That has been a pain....

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center