[Histonet] blades

Bob Richmond rsrichmond at gmail.com
Mon May 22 12:50:47 CDT 2017

Lauren Sweeney at the University of Georgia asks:

>>Blades for grossing tissues- anyone have recommendations? The vendor that
we were purchasing just straight razor blades from has stopped
manufacturing them. We don't use scalpels because of their higher cost and
we are only working with poultry samples.<<

I just Googled "single edge razor blades" and they're still available from
a number of sources.

I've done hospital pathology grossing with them, though not in the last 40
years, and found them extremely satisfactory - in fact, I prefer them to
scalpel blades.

I've been shaving my face since 1951, and have never heard of anybody
actually using them to shave with.

Bob Richmond
gray bearded samurai pathologist
Maryville TN