[Histonet] Paraffin times; paraffin embedding station

Flynn, Evelyn Evelyn.Flynn at childrens.harvard.edu
Tue May 16 16:38:53 CDT 2017

Hello,

   Not to be the devil's advocate, but in our research lab we routinely put bone specimens in a vacuum oven at 60 degrees overnight or several days to promote better infiltration after processing.  Somewhere I was taught that specimens are not damaged in the paraffin bath as long as the temperature is at 60 degrees, not higher.

    I would like to thank those Histonetters who suggested a Sakura Tissue-Tek embedding station when we

were purchasing such an item.  We have been very satisfied with the unit, and it looks very nice in the lab.

Evelyn Flynn

Boston Children's Hospital