[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 160, Issue 30 Subject: disposable grossing pad for specimen imaging

Steve McClain SteveM at mcclainlab.com
Fri Mar 31 12:53:57 CDT 2017

We use squares of absorbent paper towels to first blot excess fixative and then place on a 2mm thickness piece of art foam.
Art foam is used as a background for
photography and slicing.
By sliding or moving the foam we position the specimen under the camera during specimen photography. We have photographed every specimen since 2004.
Send me an email and I will reply w images to illustrate our method.
Steve A. McClain, MD