[Histonet] Tissue banking

Judi Ford jford at cytomx.com
Fri Mar 31 10:55:57 CDT 2017

Hi everyone, Happy Friday to you all......

I am hoping to gather some information on how people bank frozen tissue for work in research. I am trying to start a bank of frozen human samples stored in a -80 freezer for our scientists use.  Information that I'm looking for is as follows:

1.       Accessioning software/database - what software do you use to keep track of samples and their useage. What information is useful for you in keeping track of the samples.

2.       Storing samples in the freezer - how do you store them; wrapped foil, in cryoboxes, in ziplock baggies, etc.

3.       Do you have a system of checking out the samples? If so, how do you keep track and control of the samples?

4.       Do you have one person who is in charge of the tissue bank? If so what are their responsibilities?

Thanks for your help with this.  If you want to send me information offline here is my email address: jford at cytomx.com<mailto:jford at cytomx.com>.

Thank you and I hope you have a really great weekend.
Judi Ford

SRA
CytomX Therapeutics

STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY:

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering the e-mail to an intended recipient, please be advised that you have received this message in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender at CytomX Therapeutics, Inc., immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

CytomX Therapeutics, Inc. <http://www.cytomx.com>