[Histonet] CPT Code for PGP9.5 free floating tissue stain

Eddie Martin edmartin26 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 12:27:58 CDT 2017

You can only bill the 88342 once for the initial IHC with interpretation charge for the pgp9.5, (assuming it was the first antibody you billed to the patient).  The pgp9.5 is the test your pathologist ordered. The linker step in your protocol isn't another test ordered, just part of your validated protocol in order to make the pgp9.5 work correctly.

If your pathologist ordered another antibody test on the same specimen part other than pgp9.5, then you could apply the 88341 cpt code. For example, ordering an s-100p on the same specimen would be an 88341 on the same specimen part.

However, if you order another pgp9.5 on the same specimen part, then it would be billed as a no charge.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone