[Histonet] Ventana Retic problems

donna mihalik rossi djmr55 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 14 15:44:58 CDT 2017

Hi Histonetters!  We are experiencing sporadic staining of retic fibers from our Ventana Benchmark machines.  We have 2 machines and are having the same problem on both. The machines were both decontaminated 2 weeks ago with all new solutions  being made.  The fibers are not crisp and are disconnected.  Our control tissue is  at the top of the slide with the patient tissue at the bottom. It appears that the control is staining better than the patient tissue but still is  not crisp. We have tried different lots with the same result. Any comments before we consult Ventana? Your help would be appreciated.  Thanks, Donna  Rossi, PSU