[Histonet] Proficiency Testing for small labs

Gareth Davis garethdavisyuma at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 17:29:52 CDT 2017

I was wondering what other small CAP accredited GI labs did for proficiency
testing.  The lab I work in only does H&Es, and two IHC stains (H. pylori
and CD8). that's it.   All the PT programs with CAP are overkill for what
little we do.  In the past I have sent slides reflecting my work to an
outside pathologist to review.  He would send back a evaluation based on my
work.  But, this year my inspection is due and the letter informing me of
the inspection stated that a CAP approved PT had to be used.
If anyone has any first hand knowledge on what I should do, please feel
free to email me.  Thanks!

--
Ms. Gareth B. Davis, B.S., HT, QIHC (ASCP)cm
Yuma Gastroenterology