[Histonet] ClearRite

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald at mtsac.edu
Sat Jun 10 16:02:45 CDT 2017

For many years we used ClearRite, both on our tissue processor and for
staining.  We are now using a similar product from another company.  We
did not see any problems with our IHC with the use of this product.  We do
not do molecular testing.  We found it to be far superior to the limonenes
and much safer to use than xylene.  Coverslipping is another issue.  Not
all mounting media are compatible with the aliphatic hydrocarbons.  We
have good success with Permount.
Jennifer MacDonald