[Histonet] Histopathology Technologist Position Descriptions

Dachel, Susan K. Susan.Dachel at va.gov
Fri Jun 9 09:55:16 CDT 2017

I am representing VHA as a member of a Subject Matter Expert workgroup charged with developing VA Histopathology Technologist qualification standards.  I am reaching out to ask if you will share your Histopathology Technologist position descriptions (or direct me to the appropriate person).  I'd like both routine and specialized (Immunohistochemistry, Mohs, Molecular) position descriptions if you employ such occupations as well as manager/supervisory and/or lead position descriptions.  The documents I am asking for are necessary in order for the group to conduct a job analysis from a representative number of position descriptions/job descriptions from both VHA facilities and external organizations.

I appreciate any documents you can provide as well as information on education and certification requirements.

Sue Dachel BA, HT(ASCP)CM
Histology Supervisor
Minneapolis VA Health Care System