[Histonet] Question

Cartun, Richard Richard.Cartun at hhchealth.org
Tue Jun 6 19:41:49 CDT 2017

We are thinking of changing the way we report consult testing (IHC, Flow Cytometry, and Molecular) for our system hospitals.  Instead of accessioning the consult case here, the requesting hospital would create a "Procedure/Addendum" in Sunquest CoPath for their specimen and then send us the unstained slides or paraffin block for testing.  Once the testing is completed, the pathologist here (assigned to the case) would go into the other hospital's  report, populate the "Procedure/Addendum" with the testing performed and the interpretation, and then sign it out.  We would not have a consult accession number (or report) here at our hospital for this specimen.  Does this make sense?  Is anyone else in a multiple hospital system already doing this?  I welcome all comments.  Thank you.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, MS, PhD
Director, Histology & The Martin M. Berman, MD Immunopathology & Morphologic Proteomics Laboratory
Director, Biospecimen Collection Programs
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 972-1596
(860) 545-2204 Fax

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message, including any attachments.