[Histonet] IHC questions

Gauch, Vicki GauchV at mail.amc.edu
Tue Jul 25 08:24:59 CDT 2017

Hi all,
I have been asked to post several questions regarding IHC stain issues and am hoping someone has some ideas...  We are having issues with IHC cases floating (particularly breast IHC) lately and are wondering....

1)      How are people storing IHC control slides?  Are they being precut and stored or cut at the time of the stain request?

2)      If storing controls- are you doing anything special ?

3)      How long are the IHC slides being air dried before placing in the oven ?  How long are they in the oven prior to staining?

This has not been such an issue in the past but recently we are experiencing it more frequently. We are looking at various things  but if anyone has any suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks,
Vicki Gauch
AMCH
Albany, NY

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.