[Histonet] Blood "donations" for money

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay blayjorge at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 14:02:14 CDT 2017

Dear Colleagues:

Close to where I leave, there is an establishment for blood "donations".
Apparently, the establishment pays per donation. I hypothesize that the
money explains why the place is generally "hopping" (today, ca. 8:30AM,
there were ca, 25-30 cars parked in front of the establishment; Sunday
mornings, same story). Regularly, I see trash out of the store (incl. blood
splatter marks on the sidewalk, gauze, etc.).

Can someone tell me:
1. Where can one find information of the internal operations of
establishments like this?

2. Where can one report concerns about establishments like this?

3. More broadly, how can anyone *scientifically* tell whether the blood
"donated" at those (or any other) establishment is "safe" for use by other
humans?

Sincerely,

Jorge

Jorge A. Santiago-Blay, PhD
blaypublishers.com

1. Positive experiences for authors of papers published in *LEB*
http://blaypublishers.com/testimonials/

2. Free examples of papers published in *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/category/previous-issues/.

3. *Guidelines for Authors* and page charges of *LEB*:
http://blaypublishers.com/archives/ *.*