[Histonet] holes in GI tissue

Paula plucas at biopath.org
Fri Jul 14 13:58:58 CDT 2017

Hello,

Our pathologist is complaining about "holes" in the GI tissue. This is what
he mainly reads, so it could be other types of tissues and the other
pathologists don't complain about it.  Anyway, he showed me an example, and
I see what he is talking about. I think it comes down to microtomy, such as
being too rapid when facing-in or having a dull knife.

Maybe it could be another reason, but in any event, can anyone offer any
suggestions on how to remedy this problem?

Thanks in advance..I really apprecieate the feedback.

Paula

Lab Manager for BioPath Medical Group