[Histonet] Histotech job in Glen Burnie, MD

Linda Margraf Linda.Margraf at cookchildrens.org
Thu Jul 6 15:17:20 CDT 2017

Hi Histonetters,

Here is an ad for a job Mike asked me to post to the list. Please don't send inquiries directly to me. Thanks!
Linda (Histonet administratIon)

We are seeking a full-time Histotechnologist for our Pathology Lab located in Glen Burnie, MD. This position supports the pathology histology laboratory in preparing, processing, and staining of tissue specimens for review by the pathologists. The hours are Monday-Friday from 1:00PM- 9:00PM.

Responsibilities:

*         Responsible for accessioning, grossing, embedding, microtomy, performing H&E and papanicolau staining, and cover slipping of all surgical/cytologic specimen slidesfor microscopic analysis.

*         Modify and validate procedures and methodologies for immunohistochemistry, special staining and other related staining.

*         Organize cases by matching slides with appropriate paperwork and/or laying slides out in slide folders.

*         Provide maintenance or troubleshooting of equipment and automated instrumentation within the laboratory.

*         Assists supervisor in meeting department regulatory agency requirements (CAP, CLIA, etc.)

*         Performs quality control procedures per protocol and completes necessary documentation.

*         Maintain supplies and other inventory.

*         Perform other laboratory and office duties as assigned by manager.

Requirements

*         An Associate's Degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology obtained from an accredited institution or education/training equivalent to the above that includes at least 60 semester hours from an accredited institution.

*         HT or HTL certification required.

*         Proficient embedding, sectioning and histology techniques with human tissues

Interested applicants should complete an application at http://www.chesapeakeurology.com/about/employment/apply/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.chesapeakeurology.com_about_employment_apply_&d=DwMFAg&c=fHUKEfYp8ZKZp-Z4zyr9bXWWb-JCctOum5ZlzbjkVjM&r=1o7iZWfSCXEgDesmDMuV2rPUZJJnqv0nrvyFk2x0v0A&m=KsB9C62OJ2FKr93urrbmgUoyUWqcjQCSd8p2nzLITjM&s=fbm_Nk6KXS7cjjdJepAFezdU4nxxyS_ndUASKUgG__4&e=>.  Thanks so much.