[Histonet] ANP.22780 and validation

Cristi Rigazio cls71877 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 20:27:53 CST 2017

Hi Histoworld and Happy New Year!

I am currently validating new processing schedules and am a little concerned about my understanding.  NSH guidelines don't say special stains, IHCs etc., need to be re validated when validating a new processor, schedules etc., but this CAP standard seems to imply it is required.  This, in turn, doesn't make sense to me as many labs send their blocks or unstained slides for subsequent testing to other labs.  Those labs don't know the processing schedule, equipment, etc.,  Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you,
Cristi

Sent from my iPhone