[Histonet] Beecher (Estigen) ATA27 tissue arrayer for sale

Donato, Elizabeth M edonato at fredhutch.org
Wed Jan 4 11:05:17 CST 2017

Hello Everyone,

We are selling our Beecher (now Estigen) ATA 27 automated tissue arrayer and before I post it on re-sale websites, I'd like to share this information with the Histonet community.

This instrument was completely re-built/refurbished in 2012 and I have all supporting documentation.  It's essentially a brand new instrument.  TMA blocks can be constructed using cores of various diameters ranging in size from 0.6mm to 3.0 mm.  Cores (0.6mm) can be transferred at a rate of approximately 120-180 cores per hours and up to 26 replicate TMA blocks can be constructed during a single run. This robotic unit can be fully controlled via a high-performance PC pre-loaded with custom software for mapping donor cores to a single or multiple recipient blocks.  It has an external video camera which is an upgraded feature.  Using this TMA construction software this external camera allows you to superimpose the image of a target marked H&E over the image of the corresponding paraffin block surface for accurate donor core targeting.  The user interface is straightforward and gives the you complete control over optimizing variables to accommodate variations in tissue characteristics between donor blocks.  Once the TMA grid has been created and the donor blocks mapped using the software, no further user interaction is needed.

The nature of our TMA projects has changed over the last few years and this instrument is now underutilized.  It needs to be in a lab where it can be used at full capacity.  I have a recent quote for a new ATA27 at a cost of 180K, so if you are looking to purchase high throughput TMA construction equipment, this instrument could save you a significant amount of money.  We are still in the process of establishing a selling price.

If you'd like additional information, pictures or a demonstration of this instrument's capabilities, please contact me.

Best,

Liz

Elizabeth Donato MT(ASCP)
Manager | Porter and Specialized Pathology Laboratories
206.667.4501 p | 206.667.5815 f | edonato at FredHutch.org<mailto:edonato at FredHutch.org>

Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
1100 Fairview Ave. N., Mail Stop C1-015
Seattle, WA 98109
fredhutch.org<http://www.fredhutch.org/>