[Histonet] Recycled reagents in VIP processor

Margaryan, Naira naira.margaryan at hsc.wvu.edu
Tue Feb 28 14:39:10 CST 2017

Absolutely agreed!

Naira

-----Original Message-----
From: Frazier, John [mailto:john.frazier at roche.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2017 2:31 PM
To: Jay Lundgren <jaylundgren at gmail.com>
Cc: Margaryan, Naira <NMargaryan at luriechildrens.org>; Gareth Davis <garethdavisyuma at gmail.com>; histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu; Margaryan, Naira <naira.margaryan at hsc.wvu.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Recycled reagents in VIP processor

As a six sigma consultant to histology laboratories, it has been my experience that recycling xylene and alcohol overall is not a cost saver. When you factor in both capital dollars and operational dollars, the savings is neutral. In addition to the neutral cost in recycling, you have to concern yourself with the quality of your in product on a daily basis. The last piece in the equation is the handling of Xylene with multiple touch points in between.  A movement within the histology world has begun with handling xylene (hazard
waste) as little as possible and/or reducing or eliminating its use where possible.

Sent from my iPhone