[Histonet] out with the old

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Feb 23 15:07:18 CST 2017

We have just replaced our 2 old tissue processors and have one very old (1989) VIP3000 floor model, the one with the magnets.  It is in working condition, but will not hold the battery charge for the backup battery. We have been using it with a UPS, for 6 runs every week.  If anyone is interested in it for parts, or for a cheap processor, please contact me.
Now the question:  We used to use Eosin in our 1st absolute alcohol to tint our biopsies, but it is not recommended for the new processors.  For those of you in a similar position, what do you use, if anything, to help visualize tiny biopsies?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  Sincerely, Terri Braud
Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory
Holy Redeemer Hospital