[Histonet] Histonet Digest, Vol 159, Issue 16 Colloidal iron leaching

Steve McClain SteveM at mcclainlab.com
Mon Feb 20 03:25:32 CST 2017

After checking reagents and glassware, look for other sources of iron contamination, e.g. Metal forceps, steel staining racks, water bath.

Inadequate rinsing after the colloidal iron step - increase wash times, using DI

Check concentration of working reagent. Decrease the time in colloidal iron working reagent to 5 min. Hales method specified 5-20 min.