[Histonet] AFB Control Question

Mayer,Toysha N TNMayer at mdanderson.org
Wed Feb 15 12:31:53 CST 2017

Pam,
I worked with our microbiology department and had them to obtain some positive organisms and with our surgery and morgue for fresh tissue.  We then inoculate the tissue and process it.  Positive blocks are kept on hand and used.  We also pass a copy of the slides back to the microbiology department to keep on file as a good batch.  It seems to work for us in the educational setting.  We have done afb, gms, and gram.  Our next batch will include Cryptococcus, and h. pylori.
Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Toysha N. Mayer, D.H.Sc., MBA, HT (ASCP)
Instructor/Education Coordinator
Program in Histotechnology
School of Health Professions
UT M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
713.563-3481
The information contained in the e-mail message may be privileged, confidential, and/or protected from disclosure. This e-mail message may contain protected health information (PHI); dissemination of PHI should comply with applicable federal and state laws. If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, any further review, disclosure, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment (or the information contained therein) is strictly prohibited. If you think that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all references to it and its contents from your systems.

Message: 2