[Histonet] TMA cutting advice

Blanca Lopez Blanca.Lopez at UTSouthwestern.edu
Wed Dec 13 10:25:24 CST 2017

Morning Histonettes,
I am looking for more options to get nice sections on my TMA during cutting...I make this breast TMA, we used old blocks from other places everything was fine during the construction until I have to cut it. IT's brittle some cores and others curl as soon they touch the knife. I soaked it in ammonium/H2O, I cooler longer, I even used lotion to make it soft and more tricks that I know but any worked. I am getting frustrating with this block ( I did not have this problem with my others TMA's).
Is anybody knows more tricks that help me to get nice sections? I am willing to try everything.
Thanks for your help.
Blanca Lopez HT (ASCP)

UT Southwestern

Medical Center