[Histonet] Flatbed microwave oven for microwave staining antigen retrieval

Gerard Spoelstra G.Spoelstra at murdoch.edu.au
Thu Dec 7 07:04:52 CST 2017

Hi

We currently use a 25 year old turntable  kitchen microwave oven. This is used for antigen retrieval, silver staining and several other histochemical stains. When I out shopping the other day a salesman introduced me to the flatbed microwave that heats from below and reputedly gives more even heating at a constant rate . Is anyone using such an oven in the laboratory.  If so what is your experience of it?

thanks

Gerard Spoelstra

Veterinary Histology

Murdoch University