[Histonet] Noise Levels in Lab

Morken, Timothy Timothy.Morken at ucsf.edu
Tue Dec 5 10:01:59 CST 2017

We don't but there are decibel monitor phone apps. Not sure how accurate they are...

I've used one called Sound Meter. It shows 70+ db next to our -80 freezer and 90+ db next to the 6-foot fume hood.

In our lab with cryostats it shows 60+ and in a quiet lab, no equipment running, it shows 50+

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center