[Histonet] Fwd: Dissolving precipitate in formalin?

Conway, Carla cmconway at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 22 11:08:14 CDT 2017

Hi Lauren,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've seen the precipitate you refer to, but
this looks really different. Many of the flakes are large (5-7 mm) and were
at the bottom of the bottle. The bottles were previously unopened and
I didn't notice the flakes until preparing fixative for a study this
morning. Am wondering if adding NaOH will help (similar to dissolving
paraformaldehyde for EM fixative).

Thanks again!

Carla

Carla Conway