[Histonet] Empty Chemical Containers

Cooper, Brian bcooper at chla.usc.edu
Mon Apr 24 13:54:26 CDT 2017

Happy Lab Week Histonet!

How are you all disposing of empty chemical containers?   Triple rinsing and throwing them in regular trash (with the labels defaced,) or having the empty containers disposed of by your outside chemical contractors?     I'm sure this answer will vary from state to state, and institution to institution (and chemical to chemical for that matter).  Sorry if this has been asked previously-I searched the archives, and an answer wasn't readily found.  This came up during safety rounds the other day, and our institution's policy on this is pretty vague.

Thanks,

Brian D. Cooper, HT (ASCP)CM | Histology Supervisor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Children's Hospital Los Angeles
4650 Sunset Blvd MS#43- Los Angeles, CA 90027
Ph: 323.361.3357     Pager: 213-209-0184
bcooper at chla.usc.edu<mailto:bcooper at chla.usc.edu>

or legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure
or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this original message.