[Histonet] H.pylori question

Kienitz, Kari kkienitz at orclinic.com
Tue Sep 27 14:06:22 CDT 2016

Local Coverage Determinations (LCD) from the website for the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Please use the link below to access this policy.

 you may find this information useful. Look at the GI section. It specifically calls out the use of special stains for H.pylori. Reimbursement may be an issue for you.

L35693     MolDX: Special Histochemical Stains and Immunohistochemical Stains    Palmetto GBA(11302)    http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/details/lcd-details.aspx?LCDId=35693&ver=6&ContrId=229&ContrVer=1    N

Kari Kienitz HT, (ASCP)
Histology Laboratory
Gastroenterology-EAST
The Oregon Clinic
1111 NE 99th Ave
Portland, OR  97220
503.935.8311
kkienitz at orclinic.com

CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING: This e-mail and any attachments are for the exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in reliance upon this missive. If you have received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and its attachments from your computer system. Thank you