[Histonet] Microm HM 355S Issues

Sandra Cheasty sandra.cheasty at wisc.edu
Fri Sep 23 09:41:17 CDT 2016

Hello,
                We have 2 Microm HM355S motorized microtomes. We use the motor to move the block close to the blade, but turn the wheel manually when sectioning. Both are "jumping" forward on their own occasionally while sectioning, which is unsettling and chunks into the block. One of them also backs up on its own as you're manually turning the handle, just as you're about to get a ribbon.
                The stepper motor has been replaced on one with no improvement. Any suggestions, remedies, or tales of similar issues and how they were resolved would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Sandy

Sandra J. Cheasty, HT (ASCP)
Histology & Necropsy Supervisor
UW-Madison, School of Veterinary Medicine