[Histonet] Egg Whites and IHC Staining

Elizabeth Chlipala liz at premierlab.com
Mon Sep 12 10:53:03 CDT 2016

Jessica

There are a couple of things that we will try here when we have problems with tissue adherence

1.  We utilize a particular brand of plus slides  - trubond 380 - these have worked very well in our hands, we purchase them from Newcomer Supply
2.  Post fix in 10% NBF for 10 minutes after you run the slides down to water - this does not impact the H&E staining but can impact IHC staining we have seen that is may decrease sensitivity so you would need to potentially rework your IHC protocol
3.  Our Ram-11 IHC protocol requires HIER we have two different retrieval protocols that we have validated for this particular antibody - our routine 95C for 30 minutes and then a 70C for 2 hours - we use the longer lower temp retrieval when we have problems with tissue adherence, again you may need to potentially rework your IHC protocol for the lower temp retrieval.

Hope this helps, good luck

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592