[Histonet] Microtome Cleaning Company and What to do with Old Metal Blades

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 10:15:45 CDT 2016

I sold all my old steel blades on eBay.René

    On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 11:13 AM, Michelle Aono via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

 Can anyone suggest a good company that works on old microtomes?  Ours is not broken, it's just in need of some TLC.  Also, what is a reasonable price for such work (we have a RJ 2040)?

Also, we have a lot of the old metal blades that you have to sharpen.  Any suggestions on how to sell, donate, recycle such items?  Do people even use these anymore?  I would hate to have them thrown out.

Thanks!
Michelle (Shelly) Aono