[Histonet] Weigert's hematoxylin for IHC

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 11:31:19 CST 2016

Once you finish the IHC procedure, the DAB reaction is very stable and you can use Weigert's or any other iron hematoxylin.René

    On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 5:29 PM, Esther C Peters via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

 Could someone advise me on whether Weigert's iron hematoxylin can be used as the counterstain for nuclei in IHC? We need to avoid using Harris's hematoxylin because that will stain mucocytes in the coral tissues we are working with. If it can be used, would that be after all antibody steps have been done? Thank you!

Esther Peters

Esther C. Peters, Ph.D.
Term Associate Professor
Environmental Science & Policy