[Histonet] New IHC instrument validation process

Martha Ward-Pathology mward at wakehealth.edu
Wed Nov 16 14:32:59 CST 2016

How is everyone handling new instrument validation processes?   We are looking at getting a new immunostainer.    Beyond the varication process that the installers do what are our responsibilities from a lab stand point?   We have a large menu of antibodies.    Would it be sufficient to run one of each antibody to demonstrate that the new instrument compares to the old.    The detection kits, retrieval solutions, antibodies, etc. would all remain the same.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Martha Ward
Molecular Diagnostics Lab
Wake Forest Baptist Health