[Histonet] those slippery lab floors

Normington Lacy LNormington at uwhealth.org
Tue May 31 09:51:35 CDT 2016

Our laboratory has custodial staff put down a multi surface protection film.  The film is sticky on one side and comes on a roll.  That way it can be pulled back up and changed out.  Go to www.surfaceshields.com.  Search "Multipurpose surface protection film:"  This stuff works wonders and the custodial staff love it because they don't have to scrape the floors.  We have ours changed out at least monthly, but call sooner if it starts to look bad before then.  Hope this helps.

Lacy Normington

Lacy Normington, HTL(ASCP)CM
Manager, Surgical Pathology Lab Services
UWHospital and Clinics
600 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53792-2472