[Histonet] thank you HistoNet!

Schade, Adelle a_schade at conradweiser.org
Fri May 27 06:29:53 CDT 2016

Hello Histonet,
I am a high school science teacher and part-time PhD student in Cell and Molecular Biology. I started a histology/ biomedical research laboratory in my high school two years ago and it has been quite an experience.  This year, two of my students who incorporated histological testing into their science fair project protocols won awards at the INTEL International Science and Engineering Competition in Phoenix, AZ.  They are considered in the top 20% of high school research projects in the world!  Many other Conrad Weiser High School students won awards at our regional fair incorporating histology into their laboratory techniques as well.

This listserv was vital to their success.  I emailed the listserv last year asking for donations to support our summer program and the response was overwhelming.  Thank you for supporting histology in high school.  The students are learning and loving it!  I receive advice from this listserv as well in reference to our processes.  Your advice and words of wisdom are a key component to our success as a program!

We are operating our summer program again this year.  If anyone knows of a laboratory that is upgrading equipment, closing, etc. and has used equipment that is still functioning, we would appreciate if you would forward our school information.  We can use any lab equipment, reagents, solutions and consumables used in histology, cell culturing or biotechnological processes.

Again, HistoNet, thank you for your continued support of our Conrad Weiser High School family!
Have a nice day,
Adelle

Ms. Adelle L. Schade, B.S., M.Ed., M.S.
Biomedical Science