[Histonet] Tracking surgical specimens

Jamieson Anderson jamiesonanderson at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:41:09 CDT 2016

Hi Lynne,
In our lab we have a log book at Accessioning that each physician/nurse/porter/MOA signs when dropping off specimens. We also encourage them to drop off a QC sheet with a patient label for each specimen that is dropped off. We check these to ensure we have received each specimen, and we date/time stamp them and keep them on record in case we need to refer back to them in the future (ie. In case a clinician claims they dropped off a specimen we can prove they did not).
Jamieson AndersonTechnical Coordinator - Anatomic PathologySt. Paul's HospitalLower Mainland Pathology & Laboratory Medicine