[Histonet] PAS Stain

Jennifer MacDonald JMacDonald at mtsac.edu
Thu May 5 13:15:00 CDT 2016

We switched form malt diastase to alpha amylase and have seen a
significant improvement in digestion, but as others have said enzyme
activity will be destroyed at 60 degrees C. We put ours into a 37 degree C
water bath.  Enzymes work optimally at 37C, body temperature.  As the
temperature rises above 37C you will see a decrease in enzyme activity and
then none at all.
Jennifer