[Histonet] Porcessing FFPE tissue without alcohol??

Elizabeth Chlipala liz at premierlab.com
Sat Mar 26 10:58:53 CDT 2016

We use osmium post fixation to look at fat all of the time in mouse liver, nerve and muscle samples.  It works well, sample size needs to be thin, samples are friable and can crack easily.  We use a specific procedure for this it includes potassium dichromate I think, I'm at home but on Monday I can send the reference.  One more thing don't trim into the block too much.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308