[Histonet] Science fair student help

Douglas Gregg classicdoc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 12:32:23 CDT 2016

A big thank you to Heather Marlatt for a "Care" package of practice blocks,
accidentally mislabeled plus-slides, cover slips, and aqueous eosin to help
my 14 year old student to get started on cutting and staining. Castoffs are
always welcome. We are starting today to cut the practice blocks and do
some staining. I found a crock pot at the thrift store to use for a warm
water bath to float tissue sections. You have to be inventive with a home
lab.

Joe is joining the NY Histotech Assoc. too. By the time he gets to college,
he will have a some good experience and maybe job offers in labs. That is
his hope. He will certainly qualify for a work study job.

Doug Gregg
Veterinary pathologist