[Histonet] DI water

Caroline Miller mills at 3scan.com
Mon Mar 7 13:15:52 CST 2016

We use this one:
http://smile.amazon.com/Pure-Stainless-Counter-Distiller-Secure/dp/B003ZJRAWO/ref=pd_sim_sbs_60_12?ie=UTF8&refRID=1A4WVXEGE3W42HHT72B0

It has worked so far for our histology applications and our microscopes
waterbath, but I would use 'good' purchased water for any molecular biology
applications. Sigma has some.

You can also get a good deal on 5gallon jugs from mcmastercarr (
http://www.mcmaster.com/#distilled-water/=11fsnq8) of both distilled and
deionized water (about $25 each) - but they cost a lot of money (and
pollution) to deliver. That being said I do not know the carbon footprint
of my distillation machine.

Oh, how I miss my millipore system, but OH MY they cost a lot of money to
buy, install and fix when they go wrong. Too much for this little start up.
Our usage does not afford that luxury!

yours,
mills

--