[Histonet] Embedding Centers - HistoStar vs. TEC 5?

Mary Faith Encarnacion mfb.encarnacion at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 11:06:46 CDT 2016

Hello Histonetters!

My lab is on the hunt for a new embedding center.  We've demo-ed the Leica
Arcadia, the Thermo HistoStar, and the Sakura TEC 5.  The votes are split
between the HistoStar and TEC 5.  I'd like to know anyone's thoughts on
these two instruments...pros, cons, your experiences.  Are there any more
that we should try out?

Thanks so much!  Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Best,

Mary Faith Encarnacion, MHA, HTL(ASCP)QIHC

Supervisory Histopathology Technician

Pathology and Lab Medicine Service

VA Palo Alto Health Care System

Phone: (650) 493-5000 x67327 (office); x65086 (lab)