[Histonet] Staining stomach cells

Jay Lundgren jaylundgren at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 17:56:19 CDT 2016

On H&E, parietal cells are eosinophillic , due to abundant mitochondria.
Chief cells have basophillic cytoplasm on H&E, due to abundant rough
endoplasmic reticulum.  Other than that, I'd think you'd want to use IHC.
Is here an antibody for intrinsic factor?  Parietal cells secrete intrinsic
factor, chief cells do not.

                                      Sincerely,

                                               Jay A. Lundgren, M.S., HTL
(ASCP)

P.S.  Abcam makes an anti-intrinsic factor Ab for IHC.  Make sure to spell
my name right on the paper. ;P