[Histonet] Santa Cruz antibodies

koellingr at comcast.net koellingr at comcast.net
Wed Jun 8 10:50:32 CDT 2016

Pretty interesting Erin, thanks. I reread the Nature article I saw back in February detailing a bit about the complaints being investigated.  Among those complaints were notifications of goats with coyote bites and massive tumors (from where??).  Both of which could drastically affect polyclonal Ab production.
Which took me back remembering on HistoNet years ago about "the sick CD31 producing goat"  or "the only CD31 producing goat had died"  and that is why the Ab was fickle.  But thousands of goats and rabbits have now disappeared from their facility?? I had long before that stopped using anything Santa Cruz as we had proved scientifically that an antibody we used from them was not marking what it should.

What is the phrase?  Caveat emptor

Ray Koelling
lecturer, University of Washington Medical School-Spokane campus
Spokane WA