[Histonet] I would like help with embedding Kidney needle biopsies

Dessasau III, Evan eddessa at emory.edu
Wed Jul 20 20:34:36 CDT 2016

Hi all, I am wondering if those of you that work with Kidney Needle biopsies  would not mind helping me improve my handling of this tissue type.  This work is being done at the pre-clinical level but I still would like to improve my cutting.  We uses to process every tissue size in one overnight run.  I have moved small tissues to a separate run which I think gives us an improved cutting quality.  I think I could even move to a shorter run for the KNB.  I still fight with micro-chatter on a 6.5hr. run.   I have been reading through the Histonet archives tonight and my eyes are crossed but I did not see anything specific on embedding needle biopsies.  I did see some other juicy items I will give a try down the road.  I believe fine tuning the processing will not be as hard as learning to get these very small samples in the same plane so that I can get everything in my first section.  I hope you will not mind sharing any helpful knowledge.
Thank you!
E-van

prohibited.