[Histonet] SOX 10 Cellmarque

Jeffrey Robinson JRobinson at pathology-associates.com
Thu Jan 28 10:51:40 CST 2016

Hi Edison-  I have had some headaches getting the SOX-10 to run in the past but I now have all of the kinks ironed out and it works quite well.  I had started with the CellMarque mouse monoclonal of their RTU SOX-10.  I had it working well and then Leica recalled their red detection kits.  I could never get the mouse monoclonal to work again after that with the new red detection kits.  BioCare came out with a RTU rabbit monoclonal so I tried that and Bingo!- great staining once again.  CellMarque has since come out with their own RTU rabbit monoclonal.  They sent me a sample to try and that also stained well but I had already validated the BioCare antibody so I have stayed with that.  I run it with ER2 for 30 minutes with the red kit.  A word of caution:  do not delay when taking those slides off the Bond.  Take them off as soon as they are finished, rinse in DI water for a short period of time, run down through the alcohols (I use one 95% and 2 100% ETOH), into the xylene and coverslip immediately.  The red stain will "wash" out if you delay running the slides down.  This cannot be repaired to the best of my knowledge- you will have to rerun new slides.  I use this same protocol for Melan A and it also works great.  I use the Leica Melan A (RTU).  Good Luck!

Jeff Robinson, Senior Histotechnologist, Sierra Pathology Lab, Clovis, CA.