[Histonet] Floor Choice Question, and blog post

Lester Raff MD LRaff at uropartners.com
Mon Jan 18 07:35:07 CST 2016

Good Morning from Frigid Chicago:

Our lab has the opportunity to do some badly needed painting, and also to make changes in the floor surfaces. We currently have vinyl in the clinical areas and carpeting in the offices. The carpeting will stay. Our decision is whether to swap out the vinyl or not. It is slippery, particularly for visitors coming from outside in the snow and sleet. We are working with the building management firm, but as of yet have not found a surface that is less slippery, but also is smooth enough to allow the maintenance people to scrape paraffin of the floor. Does anyone have any good flooring suggestions?

Also, what is the longest anyone has closed a lab for maintenance work?

In the vein of remodeling, a new blog post: http://www.chicagonow.com/downsize-maybe/2016/01/isnt-this-blog-supposed-to-be-about-building-a-house/

Lester J. Raff, MD MBA
UroPartners
Medical Director Of Laboratory